Terms and Conditions
FOR THE CUSTOMER
For use outside Australia, please contact your local authorities for compliance requirements.
This Customer Registration page is provided by Cov19Safe for the sole purpose of recording attendees at venues under the following guidelines:
- Office of the Australian Information Commission - Guidance for business collecting personal information for contact tracing
- New South Wales Government’s ‘Industry Guidelines for COVID Safe Workplaces
- Victorian State Government’s Industry Guidelines for Coronavirus (COVID-19),
- Queensland Government's 'Industry Covid Safe Plan
- South Australian Government’s Information for Business and Industry
- Western Australia’s Covid Safety Guidelines and Plans
- Northern Territory Government Step to the new normal business restart
The following Terms and Conditions apply:
- Use of this service is taken as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
- This information must not be used by the venue, Government Agencies, or third parties for any other purpose other than Covid-19 contact tracing.
- This service is provided ‘as is’ and does not take responsibility for its use/misuse,the quality of the data submitted in the event that false information is submitted, or its use by third parties.
- The data will be retained on a server for 56 days as per the Guidelines after which time it will be deleted.
- Venues will not be able to access, own, or otherwise use the data for any purpose other than Covid-19 contact tracing.
- Data will only be provided to the relevant Government Agency or Body upon receipt of a formal request, or unless otherwise directed by a relevant Government or Court Order. Data will only be provided directly to the requesting Agency or Body
- All data will be immediately deleted upon advice from the relevant agency that the requirements in the Guidelines have been lifted
Details collected will be:
a. Venue name as recorded in the databases of the entities referenced,
b. Name of the Person (first name only),
c. Contact phone or e-mail.
d. Entry date and time
- Customers must not use the Customer Registration form for any other purpose other than registering their contact details for contact tracing purposes.
- These Terms and Conditions may be reviewed or changed at any time; ongoing use is acceptance of these conditions
Security and Data Protection Statement
For use outside Australia, please contact your local authorities to ensure you meet their guidelines.
This Security and Data Protection statement applies to the products, services, websites and apps offered by Cov19Safe. We refer to those products, services, websites and apps collectively as the “services” in this statement. This security statement also forms part of the user agreements for vendors and their customers.
Your Privacy and Data Protection Laws
We maintain and regularly review and update our information security policies on a regular basis.
Customer data in our services is subject to full end-to-end encryption using AES-256 encryption. Data is encrypted at the point of entry by a customer and is encrypted both in transit and at rest at the data centre.
All data is stored in encrypted form in our data centre in Sydney, Australia.
Vulnerability Management and Penetration Tests
We maintain a documented vulnerability management program which includes periodic scans, identification, and remediation of security vulnerabilities on servers, workstations, network equipment, and applications.
All networks, including test and production environments, are regularly scanned using trusted third-party vendors. Critical patches are applied to servers on a priority basis and as appropriate for all other patches.
We also conduct regular internal and external penetration tests, secure code reviews, API penetration tests and remediate according to severity for any results found.
For Vendors - End User License Agreement
For use outside Australia, please contact your local authorities to ensure Cov19Safe’s Terms & Conditions are accepted in your country.
Cov19Safe grants to you, the vendor, a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to you to access and use Cov19Safe’ software (the Software) on the following terms (these Terms).
Customer Data means all data you make available to Cov19Safe or maintain through use of the Software;
Documentation means operating or user manuals and associated materials provided by Cov19Safe in respect of the Software;
Intellectual Property Rights means any patent, trademark, service mark, copyright, moral rights, right in a design, know-how, confidential information and all or any other intellectual or industrial property rights;
Normal Business Hours means 9:00am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday other than public holidays in Australia;
Services means the hosting, support and other services set out on the Website;
Software means the www.cov19safe.info software, as updated by any subsequent release, but excludes any third-party software;
Website means the website from which Cov19Safe makes the Software available.
2) Term and Access
2.1 Your right to access and use the Software commences on the date that Cov19Safe first gives you access to the Software and will continue until terminated in accordance with these Terms.
2.2 Cov19Safe will provide you with a login name and password to enable you to access the Software.
3) Your obligations
3.1 You must:
a) not circumvent or disable the Software;
b) not copy, adapt or modify the Software except as expressly permitted by these Terms;
c) not decompile or reverse engineer the Software;
d) not develop any product that would compete with the Software;
e) not copy any Documentation, except for your own back-up purposes;
f) not undermine the security and integrity of Cov19Safe’s systems;
g) not impair the functionality of the Software or any other user’s ability to use the Software;
h) keep confidential the login details assigned to you.
3.2 You will:
a) use the Software at your own risk;
b) be responsible for your internet connection, device configuration and implementation of the Software;
c) be responsible for determining that the Software meets your needs;
d) provide Cov19Safe with information and access so that Cov19Safe can perform the Services.
e) not use the Software for any other purposes besides Covid-19 contact tracing. Any file uploads must strictly be used for record keeping purposes relating to Covid-19 contact tracing.
5) Charges and payment
Cov19Safe will not charge you any fees for the use of the Software.
6) Intellectual Property Rights and Customer Data
6.1 You own all Intellectual Property Rights in the Customer Data but Cov19Safe may:
a) use the Customer Data to perform its obligations under these Terms; and
b) aggregate the Customer Data for benchmarking and statistical purposes on an anonymous basis.
6.2 Cov19Safe owns all Intellectual Property Rights in the Software and the Documentation.
6.3 You are responsible for ensuring that Cov19Safe has the right to use the Customer Data. Cov19Safe will not be responsible or liable for the deletion, correction, destruction, damage, loss or failure to store any Customer Data.
6.5 Customer data will not be accessible 28 days, and deleted off our servers after 56 days. Customer data shall be strictly used for Covid-19 contact tracing purposes only by the relevant Government or health authority upon their written request.
7.1 The Software is provided on an "AS IS" basis without warranty of any kind. Cov19Safe does warrant that the functions in the Software will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Software will be uninterrupted or error-free. The risk as to the quality and performance of the Software is with you
7.2 All representations or warranties (statutory, express or implied) except any that may not be lawfully excluded, are expressly excluded.
7.3 In no circumstances will Cov19Safe will be liable for any loss of profits or for any consequential, special, indirect or incidental loss or damages, however caused, arising out of your use of the Software.
8.1 You may terminate your use of the Software at any time by notifying Cov19Safe by email.
8.2 Cov19Safe party may terminate your use of the Software by giving you 7 days’ written notice.
8.3 Cov19Safe may terminate your use of the Software immediately on giving you written notice if you become insolvent or breach these Terms and fail to remedy the breach within 14 days’ notice of the breach. On termination all Customer Data will be supplied by Cov19Safe to you. Cov19Safe may charge for its services under this clause.
8.4 Clauses 6 and 7 will survive termination of your use of the Software.
9.1 You may not assign, transfer or sub-license any of your rights under these Terms without Cov19Safe’s prior written consent. A change in the legal or beneficial ownership or control of your entity will be deemed to be an assignment.
9.2 Cov19Safe may amend these Terms (including the Charges) on posting the new terms on the Website. You continued use of the Software will constitute acceptance of the amended Terms.